MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I am 3 weeks into my recovery and much has happened, do you think I could have a nice quiet recovery here, HA !!
Last Tuesday I tucked Mom and Bill in to an ambulance and took them both to the ER. Mom has been fighting Pneumonia for 3-4 months, and enough is enough, Bill was sick , not able to eat and throwing up. He has had 3 major gut surgeries. Being in the ER from noon till 9:30 at night, running back and forth between them with the Doctors etc..They got Mom started on IV anti biotics, so she was stable and they decided to keep her for a few days. So back to Bill, went with him to do the cat scan, he had drank 2 big glasses of dye, which didn’t go out of his stomach at all. He had so much pressure in his gut, he was in bad shape. They found a blockage in the small intestine, He got a tube down his nose to pump his stomach, and I , for 2 and ½ hours putting cold clothes on his head, neck etc..he was still throwing up, but slowly the pressure eased after 500 ml had been pumped out, and he finally got his room. They were both on the same floor, Mom was 203, and he was 211. Kind of funny.
I get home and had to take care of my bird and didn’t get to bed till like 11, had to send out emails to family and talk to my sister and all..
Next day I finally got up there about 2, but on the way I got a speeding ticket, was going 36 in a 25 mile per hour zone. I was so upset. All the stress. He came back to give me the ticket and I was crying so hard I could not even talk to him, he started saying, I have to keep the roads safe, and trying to justify the ticket, and I felt like saying _- - - - - off !!!, I just folding it into my purse, and he asked me my phone number and I had to write it down as I couldn’t say it…God, I was like, oh crap I am going to look so awful at the Hospital, lol
I walked Mom over to see Bill, and I only stayed about 3 hours and then came home. I was so tired was feeling really nauseated and my head hurt so bad. My Brother Tim came and stayed with them the next day, and my sister and her son the next one. My sister went out to the other Hospital they transported Bill to in Morgan Town WV, it is a more specialized Hospital. They gave him IV nutrients as he hadn’t eaten in a week. Then did his surgery Monday at noon, it took about 5 hours, but he is all cleaned out, and he did very well, he is off the respiratory and in his own room now. Mom finished her IV treatments today too.


Jeanette

From: roger morgan [mailto:roger@morgan5010.freeserve.co.uk]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home