MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sinus surgery

Boy, this was a rough surgery. I wouldn't have done it had I known. She scraped out all the old tissue that had repeated infections, and was chronically inflamed. She used stitches to go in and break and resew the middle bone back straight now. She opened up the right side as it had very poor drainage. this was on Sept 8 th and she also packed it to control bleeding. When that stuff came out I thought I had aliens coming out of my nose, it came out in the back of my throat 5-6 times snorting back, and as of today I am still getting big scabs and stuff out, whew, what a surgery. It feels more open, but I have a bit of infection there, that I hope will take care of itself. I was on anties for a few days after. went to her for a follow up , and she sprayed novacaine up my nostrils and used a tiny vacuum to vac out some of the packing material, but still a lot coming out after that. it has slowed down a lot but still feel like some up in there yet. As of this morning still getting scabs and such out... Whew...but then all this other stuff going on, man oh man...life is something I tell ya....
Just me................

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Mack said…

    There are plenty of sinus surgery horror stories out there. One board recommended balloon sinuplasty so now I am going to look at that. Trying to find some testimonials out there on that one. Sounds less invasive and easier recovery.
    WOuld love to find first hand experiences -- anyone?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home