MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Poetry

Hi,
I write poetry. It is a shame that no one really reads it all that much anymore. It doesn't make anyone much money. I have entered a few contests to see what happens. Hoping to win some money to live on. I will also try to send some to magazines that publish it, but they don't pay much for it. Writing is very competitive, and it is almost like you have to know the right person to break into the market. Many magazine only take solicited articles, that is ones they assign to people they know. I wrote many of my poems as a younger person. I spent much of my time growing up alone. There were no other kids in my neighborhood in my age group. So I just enjoyed nature, things like that.
I get the Writer Magazine, and it has some very good articles in it.
There is also many company's that try to make money off of poet's using scam awards, they try to get you to buy a book that has your poem published in it. If they get 200 people buying the book, they make a good profit. The book isn't seen by anyone except those that buy it. I did that once when I was very young, but never again. So be forewarned. And they have tried to get me to come to these award ceramonies, that cost major bucks to attend. No thanks, don't need that. My ego will be OK. I can't read in front of people anyway. I get to nervous.I had to have someone else read my poem in the auditorium in college. Just could not do it. It isn't worth the stress.Public speaking is not my gig. OK, well till my next post, tata, tootles, and bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home