MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hello Dee, (Fibromyalgia and Me)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I haven’t tried the Klonopin for sleep though it would probably help. I finally got approved for the Ambien, I am so relieved. I have only been taking the Klonopin for the headaches, and it does help a little, for a couple hours or so. I never had to much luck with the anti inflammatories, plus they tear up my stomach. I tried Vioxx, celebrex, and recently Mobic, and of course the Advil and Motrin. The ultram has been the only medication to help with my pain so far, and at times the Vicodin when it is really bad. But the Doctors I go to don’t want to prescribe that, I think they are afraid they will loose their license. It would be nice to be trusted, after all I only get it once every 6 months or so. Anyway, I am just glad I can get the ultram.
I also have the restless leg thing, have had it all my life, I rock my legs till I fall asleep. My Dad used to put his hand on my knee in church to stop it from going up and down.
I also went through the denial of having it. It took me about a year to 1-½ years to accept it, and to accept my limitations. I miss dancing, ice-skating, and walking/hiking est…. went through a mourning process saying goodbye to my loved hobbies, and activities.
I just started back to pool walking, and over did it yesterday. It hurts my hip to walk, and I feel like I hardly did anything, Geeezzz !
So I have to be more careful when I go.
I don’t have to much trouble with memory on the ambient other than sometimes forgetting the last chapter I read in a book, but when I go back and read it, it is like, Oh yeah, I remember now. So I am glad I don’t have that.
I will remember about getting the 3 month supply, I may need that in the future.
Mediciad cut way back on the allowable medications, Sept. 22, they posted the new list and it is very limited. They are trying to save money, and one of the pharmaceutical companies filed suit against them, but I don’t know of an outcome yet.
Once again, thanks so much for stopping in and keep in touchJust Me….

2 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is Julia Bean and i would like to show you my personal experience with Klonopin.

    I am 36 years old. Have been on Effexor for at least 5 months now. My dr put me on 5 to 10mg per night right from the start, I was on it for approximately 4 to 5 months before a friend showed up at my drs appt to tell him what was happening to me. I was sure I was losing my mind and afraid to tell them what was happening. They discontinued my klonopin on the spot and eventually all those symptoms went away it took months!! I don't recall having any withdrawl symptoms but I may have as I had never been on many meds before!

    I have experienced some of these side effects-
    Periodic Amnesia that increased as time went on, confusion, blurred vision, Muscle Pain, Left Sided numbness and weakness, pneumonia... plus plus plus

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Julia Bean

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I was on the Klonipin for a few months for help with sleep, but i stopped taking it as I would wake up and be so hot nad sweating badly. I have hot flashes anyway and sure don't need anything to add to it. I am sorry you had such problems with it. it is so hard to find anything that helps us. I think I have tried most everything. i do have ain meds now from my Doctor which help with my migraines. I seem to just live with them most everyday. Some days worse then others. i noticed tht when I had taken some anti biotics that blocked the pill, they were mush worse, so the pill is maing them not as bad as they could be. The pill is ot for birth control, Ha, SEX..what is that, LOL
    It is for the hot flashes. Well, good luck to you and your continued search for something that helps. I haven't found much. Still take the ambien for sleep, and the ultram for pain, and so on...wildblue.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home