MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mom's big adventure

Watching Mom has been a full tome job.
She was up all night the other night, part of the progression of the illness.I went to the bathroom around 2;30 am and there she was doing stuff with papers etc..I was like, Mom, you need to get to bed..she said, well I just want to get this stuff done. I threw up my hands and went to bed. Next day she was exhausted as I knew she would be, she had some neck pain and gave her her pain med, she went to sleep, and roused a bit in the evening, and laid back down, never really getting out of bed, and she slept through till morning. Which was good, she needed the rest.
Then this morning I was coming out to walk the dog. I don’t get up real early so he has to wait on me….he gets walked before I go to bed. Mom had him on the leash, and I told her, wait one minute Mom, I need to go to the bathroom and then I will walk him. I came out and she was nowhere to be found. I looked outside up and down the street, downstairs, all the rooms, and finally went and looked out the back windows and saw her in the yard of a neighbors house in lying in the snow by a tree. I called to her and she answered, I asked if she was alright and she said she could not get up. So I told her I would be there in a minute. I ran and got my boots on as where she was the snow was about a foot deep. I finally trudged to her, she had the dog , and I tried to get her up. I didn’t have the strength.Bill had come behind me and I went to help him as he had fallen in the snow already, so I went and got him to mom, he was able to get her up after I got her knees on my coat. She was shaking more out of fear then anything. Her knees and feet were numb, and we had a tough time getting her out of that yard, finally got her to the street and then I asked Bill if he could go and get the van. So he did, got her in the van and back to the house. Had to stay in the van as she was trembling and her knees were weak etc..so went ahead and finished walking the dog, and then put the dog inside and came out and Bill and I got her inside, sat her down, and got her some hot tea and food. Whew I am so tired from all that trudging in the snow, and off they went to go eat, lol…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home