MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Sunday, February 21, 2010

visit with the surgeon

Well, not much to do. The sinus surgeon didn't have a whole lot to offer in the way of remedies. Got the anti biotic you use in your nose, not orally. It is a real hassle to use it. It is a liquid and have to mix it with some saline and spray it inot the nose. The bulb they gave me doesn't really spray well. it gushes it into my nose. ugh !!
And when it is low you have to turn it up and get the rest out with your head back. not very good. Supposed to do this 2 times a day, 30 cc per side. I am trying to do it, but my head feel full of water. Don't know about using this stuff. Need to get a bottle that sprays a mist up in my nose. In the mean time I am fighting infection, just a constant battle. The irragation thing like a water pick I try and use aften, but it is the same, much drainage after and feels like my brain is full of water. Takes forever to drain all out.
I did get the perscription to get the genetic testing done for Cystic Fibrosis, think I have the recessive gene, or one gene from mom's side of the family. At a reunion there was talk of a couple folks in the family as having it. Mom and a few of her siblings have strong symptoms, as I do also. I thought several years ago I had the symptoms of it, and did some research and feel sure that gene is in me somewhere. There was research saying you could have the one gene and show symptoms. Plus I was born with no forehead sinus's, a hallmark of Cysric Fibrosis. When I get the energy will get that test done. I am very frustrated with my sinus as this will be a constant issue for the rest of my life, made worse by the surgery. The fron of the right side where the stictches are just keeps bleeding after I blow the scab off over and over again, don't think it will wver heal. Been 5 months now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home