MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Senegal Parrot

Hi, I have a Seny and it can get very agressive when playing, especially games like catch the finger and so on. She can be very nippy especially now when the hormones are starting up for Spring. It is important to have something in your hand that you can put into her beak, mine loves balsa wood. Other woods are to hard for her. And she loves to chew rice cakes make with no salt. Just a couple ideas. I enjoy playing with her, and I know when I do I will have a couple holes after, but it is fun and gives her this outlet that she enjoys. Playtime can be serious for animals that are preyed on. It is also a teaching time. They learn to defend themselves. If you have ever watched cats play you see what I mean. These are wild animals no matter how you look at it. And they have those instincts still in them. To protect themselves and defend thenselves. A parrot will bite the person it is on if it is trying to get that person to flee, as it feels danger and wants to protect its loved one. If my nephew comes to close, my bird will bite me. We think it is strange behavior, but the bird thinks it is protecting you by telling you to flee the danger, like a beaver tail slap.
love my birdie,
Just Me.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home