MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Senegal Parrot

I just want to add here that Senegals are known for a game they play. I call it scratch and play. They tilt their neck for scratchers and then try to catch your finger. Mine plays it at times, and it is so funny. You have to be on gaurd for this game. Sometimes I can tell when she is going to do it from the look in her eyes, feisty look. other times I can't but I am always aware and try to be faster then her. lol
That being said the other thing is that my Seny is very teritoral of her cage and I am very careful not to put my hand into her cage unless I know it is ok. Treats are ok to come in, lol
but if I reach into her cage to pet her, I know I may get bit. Once she is out that goes away, but she is nippy now due to hormones. Try to have things ready for that beak, balsa wood, and rice cakes with no salt are fun for them to chew on instead of fingers. This time of year she can become almost un-handleable, due to hormones for Spring. If the bird is acting out and you want to keep your finges , let ithem perch for awhile and leave them alone. Mine has a perch on top of her cage and she will sit up there and preen.
My views.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home