MY VIEWS

Mainly about my ordeal with becoming disabled, but with many of my opinions, experiences, and views. I am disabled by Fibromyalgia, Chrinic Fatigue Syndrome, Psoritric Arthritis, and chronic frequent migraines.

Google

Monday, March 21, 2005

Pain Management appointment

I had a pain management appt today at Kaiser. I thought it would be discussing different pain medications. He was talking about medatation, biofeedback, relaxation. He wanted to know if I had an abusive past, yeah, I do. My Dad was and I was raped, and I have no memory of it. So he proceeds to explain that trauma reroutes the neural pathways of the brain. Yes, I am aware of that. It changes the cheistry of the brain also. I understand all this, and I now have his CD and book that cost another 30.00, But I still have pain. I felt very let down. I wanted relief now. I don't want to spend the next year playing with my neural pathway, I want pain relief now. He was surprised I was aware of all these things. Well, I read alot, and I don't read Cosmo. I read Science and medical journals. I have an associates degree in Human Services, the helping field. I spent some time helping others. I was in a group home for the mentally ill over 55, and I worked for a deaf service center. It was a great experience.
I research about fibro,. on the net, and read about it anywhere I can. Books etc...I have read about all of this. I like to think that I have put my abusive past behind me, and it has nothing to do woth this Fibro thing. It started from another car accident. I have been in at least 15 of them.Lots of rear end one. So perhaps my pathways don't know how to find their way back to feeling better, but I doubt it. I think I got this Fibro from my muscles finally saying, we've had enough of these friggin accidents, and we aren't getting better for you anymore. But then I have another theory of it being a virus too. So just don't know.But I have to say I felt like I wasted time and money , I didn't have to waste on this today. I still am in pain, bottom line !!!!!!!!!
Just Me...
Thanks for stopping in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home